I’m writing today to share our 2016 Community Partnerships Report – an overview of the charitable work of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation, the company itself and its employees.
Each year, we invest thousands of volunteer hours and millions of dollars into Louisiana and its charitable organizations in order to improve the health and lives of our friends, families and neighbors. Our mission means more to us than just paying the claims on time. It’s a commitment to you and everyone else living in the state we call home that we will use our might for right.
Among the work we’re proud to highlight this year:
Within the report, you’ll also find a deeper look at:
- Training a new generation of community leaders to serve the organizations they care about
- Supporting access to care through dozens of community partnerships like our work with Susan G. Komen
- Taking over two tons of pills off of the streets through our partnership with the National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators
- Investments in innovation and social startups directly affecting the future of our state’s health
- This year, we also wrapped up our research on Challenge for a Healthier Louisiana and put out a comprehensive report. We also celebrated the power of everyday people doing extraordinary good through the Angel Award, now in its 22nd year.
I hope you’ll take a moment to look over our report and get to know the work of Blue Cross’ extraordinary and inspiring people. To our many, many community partners, thank you for your tireless commitment to improving our home.
President, BCBSLA Foundation
Head of Community Partnerships