We’re incredibly proud to share with you our 2017 Community Partnerships Report, detailing our impact on Louisiana through the Foundation’s charitable investments. Each year, the report also includes information on the extraordinary investments of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana employees’ time, talent and treasure. Among the work highlighted in 2017:
- Blue Cross and its employees gave $1 million to support nonprofits organizations and events in communities around the state, which helped more than one million Louisianians.
- Employees logged more than 20,000 hours of community volunteering, with 25% of those hours completed through the company’s “Team Blue” program. Full-time Blue Cross employees earn 12 hours of paid time off annually, which they can use to volunteer for events and causes they care about.
- Employees offered their professional skills such as legal, marketing, IT financial planning and other areas to Louisiana nonprofits, totaling more than $77,000 worth of pro bono services.
- The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation awarded more than $2 million in grants to organizations pursuing innovative new ideas in health, as well as several community-wide “collective impact” grants to coalitions working together on major health issues.
- The Foundation’s Angel Award program, which finds and makes grant awards to everyday Louisianians doing extraordinary good for the state’s children, honored nine new Angels from around the state.
“We are deeply proud of our colleagues and their continuing commitment to show up for Louisiana,” says Michael Tipton, head of community relations and president of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation. “The company’s 2,600 employees don’t just work here; they live here, too – so we want to see Louisiana be as great as it can be, and have made a commitment to our friends, families and neighbors that we will use our might for right.”