Blue Cross invests dollars to support nonprofit events and fundraisers, health and wellness programs and innovation. All of the company’s investments are fully tax-deductible and are made to improve the health and lives of Louisianans. We are proud to sponsor Louisiana organizations that improve quality of life in our state while improving awareness of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brand.
Generally, we process sponsorship requests six months in advance. Use this table to determine the deadline by which you should apply:
|When is your event?||You should apply by:||We will notify you of an award by:|
|April, May or June 2019||October 1, 2018||January 2019|
|July, August or September 2019||January 1, 2019||April 2019|
|October, November or December 2019||April 1, 2019||July 2019|
|January, February or March 2020||July 1, 2019||October 2019|
If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, please note that we process applications on the first working day after the deadline. Only applications received by the deadline will be considered.
To be eligible to receive a corporate sponsorship from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana, your organization must meet the following requirements:
- Must be designated a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization by the IRS – We only give to nonprofit organizations working for charitable, religious, scientific, literary and other organizations under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3).
- Must be registered and in good standing with the Louisiana Secretary of State – All organizations must be up-to-date on their filings with the Louisiana Secretary of State. You can find more information here: http://www.sos.la.gov/
- Must be domiciled in Louisiana – We only make gifts to organizations who are based in Louisiana and working for the welfare of Louisianians.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana does not make grants to the following under any circumstances:
- Programs or events outside of Louisiana
- Organizations that are not tax-exempt
- Political campaigns, candidates, parties or partisan activities
- Sectarian, denominational or religious organizations for support of theological functions
- Athletes or athletic teams
- Beauty pageants
- Direct funding of labor, fraternal or veterans’ organizations
- Students raising funds for travel to an out-of-state competition
- Parent-teacher organizations
- Capital projects or campaigns
- Organizations that are in direct competition with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Organizations or causes that do not complement our goals for corporate social responsibility
- Providers on contract with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana