Blue Cross invests dollars to support nonprofit events and fundraisers, health and wellness programs and innovation. All of the company’s investments are fully tax-deductible and are made to improve the health and lives of Louisianans. We are proud to sponsor Louisiana organizations that improve quality of life in our state while improving awareness of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brand.
Generally, we process sponsorship requests six months in advance. Use this table to determine the deadline by which you should apply:
|When is your event?
|You should apply by:
|We will notify you of an award by:
|January, February or March
|July 1 (six months before)
|October (three months before)
|April, May or June
|October 1 (six months before)
|January (three months before)
|July, August or September
|January 1 (six months before)
|April (three months before)
|October, November or December
|April 1 (six months before)
|July (three months before)
If the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, please note that we process applications on the first working day after the deadline. Only applications received by the deadline will be considered.
To be eligible to receive a corporate sponsorship from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana, your organization must meet the following requirements:
- Must be designated a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization by the IRS – We only give to nonprofit organizations working for charitable, religious, scientific, literary and other organizations under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3). NOTE: Louisiana-based 501 (c) 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 19 organizations may apply provided they can clearly demonstrate the work being supported is for community benefit.
- Must be registered and in good standing with the Louisiana Secretary of State – All organizations must be up-to-date on their filings with the Louisiana Secretary of State. You can find more information here: http://www.sos.la.gov/
- Must be domiciled in Louisiana – We only make gifts to organizations who are based in Louisiana and working for the welfare of Louisianians.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana does not make grants to the following under any circumstances:
- Programs or events outside of Louisiana unless there is a direct benefit to the State of Louisiana
- Organizations that are not tax-exempt
- Political campaigns, candidates, parties or partisan activities
- Sectarian, denominational or religious organizations for support of theological functions
- Athletes or athletic teams
- Beauty pageants
- Direct funding of labor or fraternal organizations
- Students raising funds for travel to an out-of-state competition
- Parent/Teacher organizations
- Construction or capital projects of any kind, including hospitals and health systems
- Organizations that are in direct competition with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana or its affiliates
- Organizations who are participating providers on contract with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana for reimbursable services, but may co-fund with and occasionally may directly fund where the purposes achieve a specific end