To be considered for any Foundation Grant, your organization must:
Be designated a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization by the IRS.
- The Foundation only gives to nonprofit organizations working for charitable, religious, scientific, literary and other organizations under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3).
Be registered and in good standing with the Louisiana Secretary of State.
- All organizations must be up-to-date on their filings with the Louisiana Secretary of State.
- Check your organization’s status here: http://www.sos.la.gov/
Be domiciled in Louisiana
- The Foundation only makes gifts to organizations who are based in Louisiana and working for the welfare of Louisianians.
The Foundation does not make grants to the following under any circumstances:
- Providers on contract with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Programs or events outside of Louisiana
- Organizations that are not tax-exempt
- Political campaigns, candidates, parties or partisan activities
- Sectarian, denominational or religious organizations for support of theological functions
- Athletes or athletic teams
- Beauty pageants
- Direct funding of labor, fraternal or veterans’ organizations
- Students raising funds for travel to an out-of-state competition
- Parent-teacher organizations
- Capital projects or campaigns
- Organizations or causes that do not complement the Foundation’s mission