About Healthcare Workforce/Collective Impact Grants
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of Louisianians. Serious health issues in Louisiana disproportionately impact the economic vitality, educational attainment and quality of life in the state and in communities.
Following the success of our first collective impact grant program – Challenge for a Healthier Louisiana – we know that grassroots coalitions are the key to making long-term changes in the trends of Louisiana’s overall health. That’s why we’re challenging communities across Louisiana to build effective teams to tackle their most pressing health problems.
Each community’s top health challenges are different, and Collective Impact grant proposals may cover a wide range of issues in healthcare. In some places, addressing obesity, heart disease or diabetes may be the most pressing need in community health.
In others, greater challenges may lie in mental health or disparities in access, quality or cost.
Collective Impact grants will help Louisiana communities reshape their environments to support healthy living and improve wellbeing for all.
- Purpose – These grants are made to organizations working to implement targeted and comprehensive educational, recruitment, retention and related programs to meet pressing needs in Louisiana’s healthcare workforce.
- Amount – Grants range from $250,000 to $1 million over three years (full awards will be made in one-third increments per each year of the project upon meeting annual performance benchmarks)
- Matching – Collective Impact grants require a minimum one-to-one match (may come from multiple sources; up to one-half may be in-kind)
- Results – Our grant process requires all applicants to outline measurable results as deliverables and commitment to achieving those results as part of the grant contract.
- Applying – Requests are made through a Letter of Intent, submitted online at bcbslafoundation.org
- Deadlines – 4:30 p.m. CST on March 1 and September 1; If the 1st falls on a weekend or holiday we will accept Letters of Intent through the deadline, but we will not be in the office to answer questions. In this case, we recommend submitting your Letter of Intent no later than 4:00pm CST on the last work day preceding the deadline.