About Special Projects Grants
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation is committed to making ongoing investments in the work of partners who have made a demonstrated impact on the health and wellbeing of Louisianans. As such, we sometimes invite previous Foundation grantees to submit applications for Special Project grants to scale up or complete previously funded projects. These grants will help our established partners further their important work on behalf of Louisianians in need.
Occasionally, we may proactively invite an organization to submit an application for a community impact project.
Projects may focus on any number of issues that affect Louisiana’s health and wellbeing, including community health, education and child welfare. We give preference to projects pursuing innovative ideas, as well as projects that reach new and diverse communities. The ideal project will naturally reflect and communicate the values and impact of our Foundation.
- Purpose – Special Projects Grants are intended to help expand or complete projects previously funded by the Foundation – further improving the health and wellbeing of Louisianians. The Foundation also makes proactive impact-style grant awards from this fund at its discretion.
- Eligibility – Special project grants are only made to Louisiana-based, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations with whom the Foundation has a past granting history. As of Aug. 2017, Special Projects applications are received by invitation only.
- Amount – Grant awards are up to $100,000 per year
- Applying – Applications are made through a Letter of Inquiry, submitted online at ourhomelouisiana.org
- Deadlines – Special Project grant applications are by invitation only, meanin there is a rolling deadline. Please email BCBSLAFoundation@bcbsla.com to discuss a potential application.