Update: View Part 2 of our list here!
Since January, we’ve been sending a message each week. We’ve tried to keep a balance between stories about our grantee partners’ success, news about the Blue Cross Foundation, and some thoughts about the culture of nonprofit work.
Mostly, though, I saw (and still see) it as a way to stay connected and to open the lines of communication. An important lane of work for our Foundation is connecting people doing good work with opportunities and resources, and broadly sharing the lessons they learn to help others. This means making sure you can easily reach our team to start a conversation, shop an idea or even make connections with other funders.
I’m happy to share that some of these weekly messages have started many conversations about possible projects and partnerships, and many more have prompted invaluable feedback and connection. It’s been a great success – and that’s because of your willingness to engage.
Over the next few weeks I’m sharing the Top 10 of the year, based on feedback, number of shares/likes across platforms, etc. Maybe there are one or two you missed, but we hope a second chance to see them will spark new ideas or start a conversation.
We’ve learned so much from this effort, and know it will continue to evolve in the coming year. Thank you for letting us fill your inbox once a week. And thank you for all of your feedback, encouragement, questions, and conversation.
President, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation
Head of Community Relations
Top 10, Part 1 (No. 10-6)
- #10 – Improving the Health and Lives of Louisiana’s Children – One of our first blogs, this one covers our history, our grantmaking focus and takes a look at the expansion of the Health and Education Alliance of Louisiana across the state.
- #9 – Chloé Wiley joins Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation – Earlier this year, we welcomed Chloé Wiley to our team. She oversees our grantmaking programs and has already made great progress connecting with many of our partners. If you missed it, here’s her story. (Chloé was also recently named to the Baton Rouge Business Report’s Top 40 Under 40!)
- #8 – Webinar: Supporting Youth and Families – Powerful testimony and lessons learned from Nicole Deggins of Sista Midfwife Productions and Kim Bigler of James Samaritain about progress for children and families in Louisiana. Worth a watch if you missed it!
- #7 – Video: Hope for Opelousas Expansion – A profile of Hope for Opelousas and its work expanding family and educational support to elementary students in Opelousas.
- #6 – Video: Front Yard Bikes Expansion – A look at an innovative organization in Baton Rouge that is growing to provide more services and mentorship to kids across the city.c
Subscribe to our mailing list